An alternative to cash, Travellers Cheques (TCs) gives you the safety and security you need when you're on the move. TCs make international travel more convenient and secured, and avoid the hassle of exchanging money when you arrive at your destination.
Similar to bearer cheques, the TCs can easily be converted into local currency of the country being visited. You just need to go to the encashment counter and get it converted into local currency.
While making the move, select TCs of your desired destination currency; and in case there are no traveller’s cheques in your destination currency, US Dollar TCs are the next best option as they are accepted worldwide. When you return, the unspent TCs can be converted to cash at Transcorp counters at the prevailing rates. Transcorp sells the international brand of TCs viz American Express, available in the following currencies:
In case you lose your TCs during your travel period, do not worry, your money is safe. You just need to do following:
- Contact the local office of the TCs issuer (AMEX Toll Free No. 1-801-964-6665)
- Use toll free nos. at the back of Purchase Agreement Forms (PAFs), handed over with the TCs.
- Contact local police to lodge FIR for lost TCs within 24 hours.
- Sign each cheque at the place marked "Signature of the Holder" and do not counter sign in advance.
- Notify the issuer within 24 hours of the loss or theft.
- Complete the appropriate refund claim documents to reasonable satisfaction and faith.
- Produce your identity proof and/or PAF at the office. However, issuer reserves the right to delay refunds during investigation of the loss or theft and is not liable for any loss or expense caused by such delay.