Transcorp brings to you another hassle free way to carry money and make payment while traveling overseas, through its Axis Bank Travel Currency Card.
The Travel Currency Card is a VISA Flag Unembossed Card that can be used to withdraw cash upto Rs.10,00,000 from VISA / VISA Plus ATMs, and to purchase transactions at over 13 million Merchant Outlets are available across the world.
Transcorp also offers other similar products like the ICICI Bank's Travel Card., HDFC Bank's Travel Card.
How to get your card
The Axis Travel Card can be availed at the nearest Transcorp office. All you need to do is fill in a simple application form along with relevant documents and walk out with the card in your hand, loaded with the required amount of foreign currency.
The maximum amount of foreign currency that can be loaded on to the card is as per the extant guidelines of the Reserve Bank of India (or as per FEMA).
- The Axis Bank Travel Currency Card gives you 24-hour access to your money at over 1 million VISA/ VISA PLUS ATMs and 13.5 million VISA Electron Merchant Outlets across the world.
- It enables you to withdraw funds in the local currency from any VISA/VISA Plus ATMs as well as pay for all your purchases in any country you visit, anywhere in the world.
- Charges USD 2 per transaction, cash withdrawal depends upon limit of that particular ATM.
- Know the transaction details on your card anywhere, anytime through internet banking.
- Each card is valid up to 5 years.
- Available in the following denominations:
> US dollars
> Great Britain Pound
> Australian dollar
> Canadian dollar
- The Travel Currency Card lets you carry and use your money in the denomination you want. You can withdraw cash from an ATM or shop for very small amounts. You need not carry loose change.
- You have unlimited access to your money at anytime. With the Travel Currency Card you can pay directly at all VISA enabled Merchant Outlets (Shops, restaurants, hotels, grocery stores etc.)
- A secure 4 digit PIN helps to secure all your cash withdrawal transactions. If your Card is lost or misplaced all you need to do is call on the 24-hour Customer Service No.: 91-22-55987700
- The card also comes with a Comprehensive Travel Insurance worth Rs.12.50 lacs to give you the peace of mind, traveling abroad. The Insurance cover becomes available upon payment of Rs.150 as the card issue fee. Kindly ask the branch to provide you further details of the available insurance cover.
- Lost Card Cover: Insurance coverage equivalent of up to Rs.2,00,000 for loss of card from the time you report the loss to Axis.
- Unutilized Balance-Flexible Options: When you return from your trip you can get your balance on card encashment. You can choose the option that suits you: Refill/Refund/Transfer to a Dollar Account. On returning from your trip, you can:
> Get your balance on the card encashed;
> Transfer it to a Resident Foreign Currency Domestic Account; Or;
> Let the balance on your card (upto $2000 as per RBI regulation) remain so
that you can use it for any future trip.
For any assistance or for reporting the loss/ theft of your card, call 24-hours Axis Bank Customer Service No. 91-22-25261201 or mail at email@example.com. Your card will be immediately blocked to secure your money and a replacement card will be mailed to you within two working days.
Please Note: The usage of this Card is strictly subject to regulations stipulated by the Reserve Bank of India and the Foreign Exchange Management Act. 1999.